Restored 1947 "shorty" plate. To conserve metal during this era, Ontario produced plates the length of the license plate number. Lower numbers were stamped on shorter plates. This plate only has 4 characters instead of the usual 5 characters. Guaranteed MTO approval.
- Plate Colour: Silver
- Letter Colour: Black
- Condition: Restored
- Vehicle Type: Car or Truck
- MTO Application Fee: $251.65
- Warranty Period for MTO Approval: 6 Months
- StickerTAB ($20 add-on): We suggest a silver tab
- Terminated Transfer Fee: Not Applicable
During and after WWII metal was in short supply. As such, Ontario only manufactured one plate for '43, '45, '46 and '47. The MTO will still allow classic vehicles to be registered under the YOM program for these years by affixing one rear plate. The same registration costs apply.