More and more I'm being asked for decent "authentic looking" plates rather than pristine restored sets for certain buyers. Lots of folks like them this way for their original survivor car/truck or a rat rod. Silver background is in decent shape showing some patina. The black letters were faded when found so they are repainted to make them pop again and for MTO legibility standards. That's all in terms of touch-up. Normal price is $70 for this year, so I've discounted by $10 down to $60 to compensate. 100% guaranteed to pass MTO inspection.
- Plate Colour: Silver
- Letter Colour: Black
- Condition: Some paint touch-up
- Vehicle Type: Car or Truck
- MTO Application Fee: $251.65
- Warranty Period for MTO Approval: 6 Months
- StickerTAB ($20 add-on): Sufficient space, not required
- Terminated Transfer Fee: Not Applicable
During and after WWII metal was in short supply. As such, Ontario only manufactured one plate for '43, '45, '46 and '47. The MTO will still allow classic vehicles to be registered under the YOM program for these years by affixing one rear plate. The same registration costs apply.