A great "shorty" plate from 1946. Prior to '55, Ontario produced the plates as large as the serial number; so this is a standard plate, but features a very low number. Plates started at 1A1 each year, so this one was a the R block of the first 3-digit series. Just a few minor imperfections on the black background. 100% guaranteed to pass MTO inspection.
- Plate Colour: Black
- Letter Colour: White
- Condition: Original
- Vehicle Type: Car or Truck
- MTO Application Fee: $251.65
- Warranty Period for MTO Approval: 6 Months
- StickerTAB ($20 add-on): We suggest a black tab
- Terminated Transfer Fee: Not Applicable
During and after WWII metal was in short supply. As such, Ontario only manufactured one plate for '43, '45, '46 and '47. The MTO will still allow classic vehicles to be registered under the YOM program for these years by affixing one rear plate. The same registration costs apply.